For those travelers who are planning their holiday in City and Mountains with mixed adventures then the Taste of Nepal Tour package is the complete package. This trip combines best places of Nepal within 15 days. Taste of Nepal Tour start from the historical towns; Kathmandu, Patan, and Bhaktapur, which are famous for cultural heritage, traditions, and food. In Kathmandu, you will visit Monkey Temple (Swyambhunath), Boudhanath, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square and major places inside this town.
After Kathmandu driving in Himalayan Nepal offers spectacular mountain ranges, green hills, rivers, landscape, snaky roads. Kathmandu looks quite busy and crowded but once you get out from Kathmandu you will not stop taking pictures. Trishuli river is one of the best rafting rivers in Nepal, staying over in the river camp with the campfire is another exciting part of this trip.
Pokhara is the remarkable city in Asia, 210 km away from Kathmandu. Pokhara is easily accessible by roads or by flight from Kathmandu. Pokhara pristine air, spectacular backdrop of snowy peaks and lakes around the town makes you not to leave from here. Pokhara is known as the adventure town, Pokhara offers Paragliding, Zip flyer, Bungee Jump, mountain biking, and many others.
Our Taste of Nepal trip covers Ghorepani Poon-Hill trekking, Poon Hill trek offers breathtaking mountain scenery. Poon hill trek is short and best trekking in Nepal for the child to older people; this trek has no risk of altitude sickness. The maximum height of poon hill trekking is 3200m. Passing through streams, forest, villages, and rhododendron trees (national flower of Nepal) 4 Days Ghorepani Trek cover, Tikhedhunga, Poonhil, and Ghandruk-town of Gurung people.
After Poonhill trek, this tour will take you to the birthplace of Lord Buddha and Chitwan National Park. If this is your first time in Nepal and want to explore Nepal within 2 weeks then Taste of Nepal Tour is one of the best.
If you are Indian citizen the trip price will be slightly different, get the best quote for group booking.
|Groupsize||1 to 20 Person|
|Location||Annapurna Region, Chitwan, Kathmandu, Lumbini, Pokhara|
Day 01 :Arrive Kathmandu upon arrival you will be met by our representative and transfer to hotel.
Evening: Transfer to local restaurant to grace and house of cultural program and dinner. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02 :Kathmandu Sightseeing.
Am: After breakfast you will be taken to the sightseeing tour of major places around Kathmandu city and continue trip with visit to Buddhist Stupa-Swoyambhunath. Your guide will escort you to historic monuments, temples and monasteries. PM: You will proceed to Patan for sightseeing of the city and lunch at Patan. The city is 3 Km south east from Kathmandu. The city is full of Buddhist Monuments & Hindu temples,with fine bronze gateways, guardian deities also and wonderful carving. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03 :Kathmandu – Kurintar (Rafting camp) 3 hrs drive
Early morning drive to the rafting point (Charaudi) on the banks of the Trishuli River where you will brief about rafting. The raft trip starts with small rapids and soon catches up with bigger rapids rated as Grade IV on the scale developed in the Colorado River. In the late afternoon set up camp at a scenic riverside beach (Kurintar). Diner and overnight at the Camp.
Day 04 :Kurintar – Pokhara 3 hrs drive
After breakfast, we bit farewell to rafting crew and drive to Pokhara and transfer to hotel in Pokhara. Pokhara stands at 884 meters above sea level and is an ideal vacationer’s paradise, with its crystal clear lakes, magnificent views of the Annapurna Mountain Range and its bustling but quaint lake side bazaar. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 05 :Pokhara – Sightseeing, warm up.
Drive to the Sarangkot (Paragliding spot), Paragliding is an optional service. Sarangkot is a beautiful village best known for its sunrise, where on a clear day you can see an unobstructed view of the Himalayan Mountains of Annapurna range, Mt Dhaulagiri, Mt Fishtail. Another main attraction in Sarangkot is to spend an hour in the sky paragliding with fantastic views of the mountains and the city below. Paragliding in Nepal can be a truly wonderful and fulfilling experience for the adventure seeker. A trip will take you over some of the best scenery on earth. In the later afternoon sightseeing tour of Pokhara valley with 1 hour boat ride at Phewa Lake. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 06 :Pokhara – Nayapul – Tikhedhunga (1577m). (Trekking 3 Hrs)
After breakfast drive to Nayapul which is a trek start point. After crossing the bridge, there is a check post where the National Park entry permit must be purchased prior to starting the trek. Then we trek to Tikhedunga which is at an altitude of 1577 meters. Overnight at lodge in Tikhedunga.
Day 07 :Tikhedhunga – Ghorepani 2840m. (Trekking 5 -6 Hrs)
After breakfast trek to Ghorepani, the trek duration 5 – 6 hours. Ghorepani at an altitude of 2724 meters is one of the largest Magar viallage (Ethnic people of Nepal) in the Annapurna region and one of the major trail junction and also famous for the views of the surrounding mountains. Overnight at lodge in Ghorepani.
Day 08 :Ghorepani – Poonhill (3210m) – Ghandruk (1940m). (Trekking 6 -7 Hrs)
Early morning trek to Poonhill to view the sunrise over Annapurna range. Shortly after return to Ghorepani for breakfast. Then later the trek to Ghandruk the famous Gurung Village. Overnight at lodge in Ghandruk.
Day 09 :Ghandruk – Nayapul (1010m) – Pokhara (Trekking 5- 6 hrs)
After breakfast trek back to Nayapul, and later drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 10 :Pokhara – Lumbini (7 hrs drive)
Lumbini (185kms 7 hours drive), Lumbini is a small town and a famous Buddhists Pilgrimage. Overnight in Lumbini.
Day 11 :Lumbini – Chitwan (3 & ½ hrs drive)
Chitwan (135 Kms 3 & ½ hours drive) Morning: Sightseeing tour of lumbini, it is one of the most significant pilgrimage destinations located in the southern Terai plains of Nepal. Buddha is known as the light of Asia. Millions of People around all over the world come here to visit. Lumbini is listed in the World Heritage Monument list by UNESCO. Later on drive to Chitwan. Upon arrival you will be met by the naturalist or guest relation officer and brief you about the jungles activities. For animal lovers, Chitwan National Park offer them an opportunity of a life time to see Royal Bengal tigers, one-horned rhinos, various species of birds and butterflies. Overnight at lodge in chitwan.
Day 12 :Chitwan Full day jungle activities
Full day jungle activities in Chitwan National Park, such as elephant safari, jeep safari, canoeing and bird watching etc. Chitwan National Park gives a unique and exceptional wildlife experience, being the home to several are species, in particular, the one-horned rhinoceros, leopard, bear, wild boar, deer, bison, crocodiles etc. Over at lodge in Chitwan.
Day 13 :Chitwan – Kathmandu (5 hrs drive)
After drive to Kathmandu, overnight in Kathmandu Hotel.
Day 14 :Kathmandu – Sightseeing
AM: Sightseeing tour of Bhaktapur city which is also known as the ‘City of Devotees’, the ‘City of culture’, the ‘Living Heritage’, and Nepal’s Cultural Gem’. Bhaktapur is filled with monuments, most terra-cotta with carved wood columns, palaces and temples with elaborate carving, gilded roofs, open courtyards. The city is dotted with pagodas and religious shrines. PM: Later continue trip to oldest Hindu temple Pashupatinath Temple, which was established in 5th century and the holiest Buddhist site Boudhanath Stupa which is closely associated with Bodhisattva Avaloktieshvara (Padmapani). Evening: Transfer to local restaurant for farewell dinner. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15 :Final Departure.
After breakfast you are free till you will be met by our representative to escort you to Tribhuwan International Airport for your onward flight.
Taste of Nepal cost Include(s)
- Accommodation on B/B Based (Kathmandu, Pokhara, Lumbini).
- Full board service in Chitwan National Park
- Full Board (breakfast, lunch ,dinner & accommodation) during the trek
- White water rafting in Trishuli river
- English speaking local expert guide, porters.
- Annapurna Conservation park fees.
- TIMS Card.
- Guided city tour with Expert tour guide.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in city
- Salary, allowances, and Insurance for all staff.
- Private and local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek
- First Aid Kit
- Ghorepani Trekking Map
- Nepal visa
- Lunch & dinner during hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Extra baggage charges
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire)
- Any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason
- Personal insurance, medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water
- Entrance fees during the sightseeing in city.
- Be friendly with your guide and porters so they can also share more information about the places, cultures, and people with you.
- MasterCard, Visa Credit and Debit Cards are accepted in Nepal. However some cash are highly recommended for small bills.
- What is the weather like at Ghorepani trekking?
November, December, January, and February are the coldest months but its also when the sky will be at its clearest. During this time there will be snow you need to be well prepared with proper trekking gears.
February, March, and April are the months that mark the end of the dry season. It is also the best time of year for trekking.
May to June marks the summer season in Nepal and it can get really hot and humid trekking in Mountains. Mountains view will be also be average at best because of haze.
Dressing information For Ghorepani Trekking.
- Lightweight walking boots that are broken in prior to arrival in Nepal to avoid blisters
- 2-3 synthetic tee shirts, long sleeve shirts
- 1-2 synthetic hiking pants, zip-off pants
- Fleece or sweatshirt for cool night temperatures
- Rain jacket or poncho (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Rain pants (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Thick wool socks, thin synthetic liner socks to prevent blisters
- Sun hat
- Warm puffy down filled jacket (synthetic or natural feathers).
- Synthetic mid layer (fleece, wool, or lightweight down sweater).
- Soft shell or insulated ski pants.
- Thermal underwear/base layer
- Beanie with ear flaps (wool or fleece)
- Balaclava or face mask
- A pair of winter gloves/mitts (waterproof)
- A pair of lightweight gloves (fleece or synthetic materials)
- Ski goggles or glacier glasses (polarized) (For winter only)
What to bring
- 1-2 water bottles – 2 liters
- Iodine to purify water (Can be purchased in cities)
- Sunglasses and strap
- Trekking poles
- Toilet paper and cigarette lighter (toilet paper can be bought in cities)
- Small headlamp/flashlight/torch with spare batteries
- Personal medical supplies
- Pocket knife
- Small day-pack – 25 liters
- Personal snacks candy bars, protein bars, granola, nuts, etc.
- Sandals or slip on shoes for walking around tea houses or camp
- Biodegradable soap and/or shampoo.
- Spare boot laces
- Large plastic bag to line backpack, day pack from wet conditions, and small bag for dirty clothes
Passport / visa
A valid permit is required for most areas in Nepal, which we will obtain upon your arrival. We will require one working days and two passports size photographs.
Always carry Nepalese rupees in small bills on your trek. The amount to be cared depends on the area and the duration of the trek. A guideline for this will be presented during our trek briefing. Money will only be required for the purchase of soft/hard bottled drinks and souvenirs along the way. Other money and valuables should be kept in a safe deposit box in your hotel in Kathmandu.
For more information ask your questions directly to Day Tours Nepal who will be happy to assist you.