Mardi Himal Trekking Information
If you are planning to go to Mardi himal then Day tours nepal is helping you scroll down for Mardi Himal Trekking information. Mardi Himal is situated just east of one of the most popular Annapurna Base Camp trek, and Mardi is a hidden gem. Very few trekkers make their way to Mardi Himal situated at the base of Mardi Himal and amazing Mt. Fishtail (Machapuchhre). Mardi Himal trek is newly opened trekking route in Annapurna region.
Where is Mardi Himal?
- Mardi himal is situated just east of Annapurna Base Camp.
Where can I buy mardi himal trek map?
- You can easily buy in Map sotres or once you book your trip with trekking agency they will provide you.
How high is Mardi Himal base camp?
- Mardi base camp on at 4500 m and mardi himal high camp is at 3580.
How difficult is Mardi Himal trekking route?
- The mardi himal trek route is moderate and it’s not difficult like other classic trekking routes. But Moslty have to walk through forest up to Badal danda and after Badal Danada have to walk over the hills. But the tough and narrow part is nearby the High camp. The trail is really narrow and steep but there are 2 routes to get Mardi base camp and view point. One is steeply up and very risky to walk in dark but another way is longer which is pretty much better than other.
Mardi himal trek blogs are not updated.
- There are many blogs which are not updated about the trails and hotels because nowadays there are other hotels in High Camp, Forest Camp, Low Camp, and Badal Danda. Before there were only 1 hotels and hardly to find rooms. Instead of staying in Forest camp it’s better to stay in Rest camp just about 30 minutes walk from Forest Camp. At Rest camp there is only one hotel so it’s better to book in advance, from here we can see Impressive view of Mt. Fishtail, Sunrise, and Pokhara valley.
Is it possible to complete the Mardi Himal trek on 5 days?
- Yes you can complete the trek within 5 days and even in 4 days from Pokhara. Some people hike up to Mardi Himal High Camp in 1 days but it depends on you. Personally we had complete Mardi himal trek within 3 days from Pokhara to Pokhara but need lot of effort.
Are there hotels on Mardi Himal high camp?
- Yes there are 3 hotels but mostly hotels are full with Nepalese hikers too so it’s better to book in advance. They have good heating system on dinning so if you don’t get room, owners and guide will manage to sleep on dinning room.
How much mardi himal trek cost ?
- Mardi trek cost depends on your length of hiking days, normally for 4 days from Pokhara to Pokhara we charge 340 USD per person. Including all meals, accommodation, guide, porter, trekking permits and transportation.
Note: In winter most of the lodges are closed so it’s better to consult with local tour operator in Nepal.