The Bardia National Park is home to Nepal’s finest tiger reserve.The park and its adjacent areas is a famous region known for its’ unspoiled wilderness and indigenous peoples, for a truly unique experience for both visitors and wildlife researchers alike.
The park is home to many rare and endangered species including more than 30 different mammals, over 400 species of birds, more than 25 species of reptiles, almost 121 species of fishes, many snakes, lizards, have been sighted and recorded in the park’s forest, grassland and river habitat and unknown diversity of mollusks and arthropods. The park is one of the best places to view the most magnificent of cats, the Bengal tiger. The chances are almost 80 % depending on the season.
Request / Suggestion :
- We arrange both Elephant ride and Jeep drive but instead of Elephant ride, please try to take a jeep drive. Let’s not harm and beat Elephant.
- Barida National park is the place for wildlife and birds photography.
Quick Fact of Bardia National Park:
Climate in Bardia National Park
Form October through early April, the weather is dry, The days are warm and the nights are cool and pleasant. From April to June the temperatures gradually rises up with a peak temperature up to 45oc in May. The hot sticky days give way to the monsoon rains in July that lasts until September.
Flora and Fauna: The park offers a variety of experiences in its vast undisturbed wilderness. About 70% of the forest consists of sal tree with a mixture of grassland and riverine forests. Sal leaves are used as traditional plates in festival and religious offering. The park is home to endangered animals such as the Royal Bengal tiger, wild elephant, greater one-horned rhinoceros, swamp deer, and black buck, The other endangered species include gharialand marsh mugger crocodiles and gangetic dolphin. Endangered birds found in the park are Bengal florican, lesser florican and sarus crane. More that 30 different mammals, over 230 species of birds and several species of snakes, lizard and fishes have been recorded In the park area. In addition to the resident species, several migratory birds visit the park.
If you think it’s far and looking for short safari adventure tour then Chitwan National Park is another best place for wildlife safari.
|Location||Bardia National Park|
Bardia Highlights Tour
- Kathmandu fly to Nepalgunj.
- Drive to hotel, 2.5 hrs drive.
- Relax in our Tharu bar or beautiful garden.
- Discover Tharu life and culture through our Tharu village and culture tour.
- Visit To Tharu Museum
- Visit to Crocodile Breeding Center
- Whole day walking safari to view Gangetic Dolphin- swimming possible.
- Exploration of Tiger territory ( Half day Walking).
- Elephant back safari
- Jeep safari
- Option: Rafting
- Early morning Bird watching – followed by chance to relax or explore the surrounding village.
- Visit to Elephant Breeding Center
- Transfer to Nepalgunj Airport and fly back to kathmandu
- Hotels accommodation on full board based.
- All ground transfer as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle.
- Domestic flight tickets
- Nature Guide
- All entry fees at National Park Fees.
- Tea coffee at resort.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$45, which you will get it in to Kathmandu airport on upon arrival.
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, Telephone, etc..
- Tips for tour guide & driver.
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc
What your package includes:
meals, accommodation, park permit, guide fees, pick up and drop from/to Ambassa, flight tickets, local transfer.
What’s not included in your package:
soft drinks, alcoholic drinks or mineral water. Extra order of food snacks must be paid as per menu price.
Wild animals come out of the park, enter villages and harm people’s property and life. To get control over these incidents is also another challenge for both the park and the people. But in resorts you will be safe.