The Man who landed and walked on the Moon with Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11 Astronaut Buzz Aldrin visiting Nepal on 4th September 2016. If you want to Encounter with astronaut Buzz Aldrin in Nepal then contact us for entrance tickets.
Buzz Aldrin Nepal travel plan:
Sep 4 2016: Arriving in Kathmandu
Sep 6 2016: Presentation program at Everest Science center Nepal 13.00 to 1530.
Live telecast on National television
Sep 7 2016: Presentation program at the Academy Hall, Kathmandu (from 14.30-17.00)
It is the historical moment hence anyone interested to participate in his program you are requested to contact day tours Nepal.
Interesting facts of Buzz Aldrin. “No Dream Is Too High “
- Buzz legal name was Aldrin at first but his little sister mispronounced the word “brother” as buzzer. Later His family shortened the nickname to “Buzz.”
- Buzz Aldrin officially entered the United States Air Force in 1951
- Aldrin joined the 51st Fighter Wing, where he flew F-86 Sabre Jets in 66 combat missions in Korea. During the Korean War, F-86 planes fought to defend South Korea from the invasion of Communist forces in North Korea.
- Buzz was the first astronaut with a doctorate and because of his expertise he earned the nickname “Dr. Rendezvous.”
- Gemini 12 crew Buzz and James (Jim), During their November 11 to November 15, 1966, space flight, Aldrin made a five-hour spacewalk—the longest and most successful spacewalk ever completed at that time.
- Buzz Aldrin also took a photograph of himself, which would later be called the first “selfie” in space, on that mission.
- On July 20, 1969, Buzz made history as the second man to walk on the moon, following mission commander Neil Armstrong
- Apollo 11 team spent a total of 21 hours during the moonwalk, and returned with 46 pounds of moon rocks.