2 Days trekking in Pokhara Dhampus
Pokhara is the second largest city in Nepal with not only the mountains and lakes but Pokhara itself a hub of adventure tourism. Pokhara city is spectacular beauty crowned by beautiful lakes, majestic Himalayas, peaceful, clean and green hills. Pokhara city is situated at 730m and 210Km from Kathmandu valley, we can easily get there by 25 minutes flight or by 5-6 hrs drive.
People who arrive in Nepal for trekking or tour 80% of don’t want to miss this place. Pokhara is sort of luxury town where you can relax with beautiful lakes, mountains, hills, meditation, massage and much more.
Day tours Nepal 2 days trekking in Pokhara dhampus is the best way to see the majestic Himalayas and also to see the typical village of Dhampus. Dhampus is famous for short hiking trips and easily accessible by drive too but if you want to stretch your legs for a while then dhampus is the best route for it. From Pokhara, we will take a scenic drive towards Phedi and it’s about 30 minutes, from Phedi we will start walking. At the beginning, we have walk uphill and it’s not totally climbing the hill the trails are wide.Around slowly 1 hr
Slowly 1 hr uphill walk will take you in the dhampus village then walking through villages with stunning mountain views. Dhampus village is at 1600m from the sea level and of the paradise in Nepal. In total, we will walk 3 hrs from starting point. We will spend our night with very charming and friendly Gurung people in nice hotels and home stay. Dhampus village is pretty much famous for yoga trek, if you are wondering for yoga and meditation in a lower part of Himalayas then dhampus is the right place.
Next day in the morning we will hike up to Pothana village, which is just about 1hr gentle walk from Dhampus. Pothana is another beautiful Gurung people village, from Pothana we can see other mountain ranges which we can’t see from Dhampus. From the viewpoint of Pothana we can see Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Gnagapurna, Mt. Fishtail, Annapurna ranges and Lamjung mountains ranges. After a short hike and explore Pothana village we will trek to Australian Base Camp.
From Pothana village it’s about maximum 45 to 1 hr walk through the forest. Most people spend a night here for magnificent Mountains View and sunrise. You can check Australian Base Camp in our video and pictures.
2 days trekking in Pokhara- dhampus – Australian base camp is the best hiking/trekking place nearby Pokhara for all kind of hikers and for kids. Final day while hiking down to Kande village from Australian base camp is pretty downhill for about 30 minutes to an hour. We will start walking after our morning breakfast and drive back to Pokhara from Kande village about 1 hr.
If you feel this trip is too easy and want to hike further higher then Mardi Himal trekking could be the best.
If you want to customize the trip then feel free to contact us, we will be happy to arrange the trip on your request.
DAY 01: Drive to Phedi, trek to Dhampus (16,00M / 3 and half Hours)
DAY 02: Dhampus trek to Pothana 1hr – Pothana – Australian Base Camp (2100m) 1 Hr.
DAY 03: Australian Base Camp trek to Kande 1hr – drive back to Pokhara.
Your price Include(s)
- Full Board (breakfast, lunch and Dinner) in Trekking
- Accommodation during trek (local lodge).
- Government registered local expert guide,
- Porters to carry trekking bags.
- Annapurna Conservation park, and TIMS card.
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs.
- Insurance for all staff & porters.
- Transportation as per itinerary
- First Aid Kit Comprehensive
- Dhampus Trekking Map
- Salary, allowances, expenses & insurance for all staff including porters
- Nepal visa – Multiple Entrée 30 days – USD 40
- Dinner during hotel stay in Pokhara
- Hotel Accommodation in Pokhara
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire)
- Tips for guide and porter
- Table drinks, snacks, personal insurance, medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc…
- This trip can be done all around the year.
- No need to worry about altitude sickness
- If you want to skip walking then drive is possible up to dhampus